Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Mommy's away so the cat will play

About a month ago, I decided I had had enough of winter and brightened up the house with a silk flower arrangement filled with yellows, pale greens and soft pinks on a pedestal stand near the front door. I hung my spring wreath outside on the front porch, added a brand new yellow tablecloth in the dining room along with an arrangement in the center of Styrofoam eggs that I had hand painted and decorated with glitter and small flowers many years before. All this in preparation for Easter and the spring I was so desperately longing for.

It made my mood brighten and somehow, the house seemed more cheerful and expectant of good weather days ahead.

The first few days after my festive activity went unnoticed by my feline friend, Baxter. This surprised me as I know how curious cats usually are. He seemed unfazed by the addition of new items added to the home. But, of course, the only thing he could possibly get his paws on was sitting on the dining room table! The others were out of his reach, thankfully.

A few days went by and all was well. Then, on the following Saturday, my husband and I were out shopping for most of the day and didn't come home till late that evening. I didn't notice anything unusual until the following morning when I went into the dining room to open the blinds.

Little yellow and purple eggs were scattered across the room. Some were flung under the hutch and others under the server. Still others I had to hunt for as they were clear across the room and even into the living room beyond!

Ah my curious friend decided to play while Mommy was away. All week long he hadn't even so much as touched them!

Was he being spiteful??? Or just curious and bored??

If I know my little friend at all, I'd say it was probably all the above!




No comments:

Post a Comment