Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Love at Last

I tried to take a nap today while resting my upper back with ice, and normally Baxter would be right next to me cuddling up. He seems to like those afternoon naps as much as I do - when I can, that is.

But today, he was nowhere to be found. I searched for him knowing that cats are like that. The minute you want them, they are gone. "In how many places could he hid?", I wondered. I looked under beds and even in the bathroom sink. Yes, he sometimes like to sleep there too.

But he was nowhere to be found and I resigned to nap without his warm, furry body next to mine.

Then suddenly, a leap from out of space and there he was. My furry friend hadn't forgotten me after all.

We slept for half an hour or so and then it was over.

Later while preparing some tea, he watched me from the rug in front of the fridge, and as I turned to speak to him, he blinked. A long, slow blink that let me know he loves me. And I blinked back speaking soft love words to him to let him know, yes, I love you too!

It is amazing to me how much one could love and be loved by an animal. My Veterinarian tells me that cats are the number one pet in America now. I can understand that. They are pretty easy (compared to dogs!) to take care of after all. Yet the love they give is no less than that of dogs.

How about you? How does your cat love you?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a lucky kitty that you found him and saved him. Bless you for caring! I'm glad you're cat people now, and I'll bet he is, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cat Bert. I guess it's pretty obvious we love him a lot! Lol

    ReplyDelete